A moderate level 15 day trek plan in Nepal, towards Manaslu Peak
Day 1: Leave the hotel early morning and drive from Kathmandu to Soltikhola and spend overnight in the tea house/camp [710m/2328 ft] 8 – 9 hours of duration
Day 2: Head towards Maccha Khola, trek duration 7 hours. [900m/2952 ft]
Day 3: Walk towards Jagat. Trek duration will be 7 hours and overnight in a local lodge[1410m/ 4625 ft]
Day 4: Hike towards Deng for 7 hours [1,804m/5917 ft]
Day 5: Walk towards Namrung for 7 hours [2630m/8626ft]
Day 6: Hike to Samagaon for 7 hours [3530m/11,578 ft]
Day 7: Hike to Pungyen gompa and return to Samagaon. The total hours will be 7 and stay in the lodge overnight. This includes exploration of the area.
Day 8: Hike to Samdo, the duration will be maximum of 5 hours and stay overnight in a local lodge [3860m/12,660 ft]
Day 9: Rest Day in Samdo. This day is also typically for acclimatization or getting used to with the elevation. Overnight at a tea house.
Day 10: Hike to Dharamsala/Larkya Base Camp [4460m/14, 628 ft] for 4 – 5 hours.
Day 11: Ascend to Larkya la [5160m/16, 924 ft] and descend Bimthang [3720m/12, 201 ft] for 8 – 9 hours. O/n at a tea house.
Day 12: Descend to Tilije [2300m/7544ft]. The duration will be 5 – 6 hours.
Day 13: Descend to Tal [1700m/5576 ft]. The duration will be 5 – 6 hours. Overnight at a tea house.
Day 14: Hike from Tal to Syange [1080m/3542 ft] for 6 – 7 hours. Overnight at a tea house.
Day 15: Private drive to Kathmandu via Besisahar, Lamjung. The total duration will be 8 to 9 hours
Trip Cost: USD 990 per person
- Assistance for the trekking gears and the shopping for the trekking equipment,
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea/coffee during the meals.
- Accommodation in teahouse / lodge during trekking.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek.
- All domestic flights and departure tax if mentioned in the itinerary.
- Treks Gears – sleeping bag, duffel bag for the use during the trip,
- Professional local guide
- Necessary Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment. (two porters)
- Adequate insurance for all staff including porters
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit Comprehensive
- Trek permit and government tax
- Nepal entry visa fee which you will get it in to Kathmandu airport on upon arrival,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Items of a personal nature expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, mineral water, hot shower, battery charge, Telephone, extra tea and coffee on the way.. etc..
- Tips for trekking/ tour guide & porters (expected)
- International airfare and airport taxes, excess baggage charges.
- Valid Travel Insurance with Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- Expenses incurred due to accidents, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc.